Saturday, November 28, 2009



Jo Ann's Bottle Cozy

A member of my family recently asked me if I could make some water bottle cozies for her.  I decided to try a few different styles, and this is the one that worked best.






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Small amount WW yarn (I used Red Heart Soft)
  •  Size H crochet hook
  •  Stitch Marker
  •  Large-eye yarn needle
    (Edited for corrections)
    I've discovered that if you use a thinner WW yarn, such as Caron Simply Soft, you'll need to make a minor adjustment, or your cozy will wind up too small.  Just add a stitch in the beginning.

    (Adjustments for thinner yarn marked with *)
    Make a 'Magic Circle'  and work 6 SC.  *7SC  (Round 1)
    Round 2:  Work 2 SC in each SC around.  (12 stitches)  (*14 stitches)
    Round 3:  (SC in next stitch, 2 SC in next stitch) around.  (18 stitches)  (*21 stitches)
    Round 4:  (SC in next 2 SC, 2 SC in next SC) around.  (24 stitches)  (*28 stitches)
    Round 5:  Chain 2.  1 HDC in each stitch around, back loop only.  Join w/ sl st to top of Ch 2.
    Round 6 - 22 (or however long you want it):  Ch 2.  1 HDC in each stitch around.  Join w/ sl st to top of Ch 2.

    Finishing:  Pull yarn end through last loop, and pull tight.  With yarn needle, weave in loose ends.  Done!

    I hope y'all enjoy making these as much as I do.  Peace!  :o)

    No comments: